Tanjore Chicken gravy
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ingredients
1.Chicken-1 lb
2.Onions-1
3.Tomato-1
4.Ginger/garlic paste-2 spoons
5.Chilli powder-2 spoons
6.Coriander powder-1 1/2 spoons
7.Coconut paste-3 spoons
8.Bay leaf-1
9.Fennel seeds
10.Curry leaves
11.Tumeric powder-a pinch
Method
Wash chicken and marinate it with tumeric powder and salt keep aside for few minutes. Now in a kadai drizzle it with oil and when hot add fennel seeds and bay leaf.When spulters add chopped onions ,curry leaves and tomato.Fry till it turns into a gravy form.Now in the mean time with the marinated chicken add coriander powder ,chilli powder , ginger garlic paste and coconut paste .Mix it well with the chicken .Add this chicken to the gravy in the kadai.Gently mix the chicken and do not add water till the oil oozes out of the chicken.When oil oozes add water and salt .Close the lid.Keep it in a medium flame for it cook well.
This can served for rice, dosai and paratha.


26 comments:
Hey Ramya....No need to guess even, i can darerly give my feedback, as i tasted it directly on longweekend.
It was really easily, you did it quickly and tasty too...
Try to post Tanjore Chicken.rasam too...let all of us enjoy the recipe.
Hi usha,
sure i will post it.....
thnks buddy for ur feedback
OMG!! Looks mouthwatering!! I have only heard of Chettinad recipe but this Tanjore Chicken looks fabulous.I will try this weekend.Do post more from Tanjore:))
Hi asha,
i am so glad u liked my garvy.
Do try and give ur feedback
Hi Priar's this ecipe looks wonderful I bet it was very tasty :)
Hi jeena,
thx for ur sweet comments....
Hi! The dish looks tempting and easy to prepare too.All the vinayagar photos are superb! by what name should i call you? ramya? priar's? sena?
Hi usha,
Welcome to my blog.Thank u so much for ur feedback.U call me Ramya..
Hi Ramya,
Thanks for stopping by, visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Of course it has helped me to discover your blog. Thank you. I have added you to my daily feeds so that I never miss another of your delicious posts.
The chicken dish looks yummy.
Hey never tried it before....Looks great...Love it...
Wow ! Nice recipes,Nice Photos...I love your blog..I never tries Tanjore specialities..I will try this and let u know the feedback.
Thanks for visiting my blog and putting valuable comments.
hey even ur blog is very nice...thanx for visiting mine.
Hi cynthia,
welcome to my blog.Thank u so much for ur valuable comments.
Oh really!!!
thank u for adding me in ur daily feed.
Hi sukanya,
thanks for ur FB.Do visit always and give ur comments.
Kitchenfairy,
Thank u so much.Try it out and give ur feedback.
Hi sabita,
welcome to my blog.Thank u so much for ur comments.
This looks so good to me right now!
Tanjore chicken....looks yummy. I will try it soon.
Hello Ramya,
Can I call u 'Ramya' is that ok?
Thanks for stopping by...at my blog. Thanks again for leaving a comment.
I am going to try this recipe for sure. It looks yummy to me! Will let you know whenever I try ur recipes. Thanks for sharing.
Wow really it looks like yummy....
Ramya, can you send me an email: tasteslikehome@gmail.com I have the recipes that you are interested in that I want to send you.
Thank u so much dear....
i have send u a mail regarding the recipes.
The chciken gravy looks very tempting:-) U know something,I have something waiting for u in my blog.
Hi Ramya,
Tried ur Tanjore Chicken gravy,it was awesome....Hubby dear and my toddler liked it very much.Do post more tanjore recipes:)
Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.
Post a Comment