»

Sakarai Pongal (சக்கரை பொங்கல்)

 Friday, June 8, 2007




ingredients


1.Raw rice-3/4 cup
2.Moong dhal-1/4 cup
3.Jaggery-1 cup
4.Ghee-5 spoon
5.Cashew nuts-few
6.Milk-2 cups


method

Wash rice and soak it in water along with moong dhal for 15 min.Then pressure cook it in a cooker with 2 1/2 cup of milk and water respectively.In aseperate pan add 1/2 cup of water and add jaggery.Keep it in a low flame such that it melt sand forms into a syrup consistency.Then filter this with a strainer for impurities.Now mix this jaggery syrup into the cooked rice.Keep it in the low flame for 5 to 10 mins.Finally fry cashews in ghee and when turns slight golden colour mix it with the pongal.

7 comments:

FH,  June 8, 2007 at 10:00 AM  

Looks yum!! I made it Tamilnadu RCI.Wonderful tasting dessert:)

ushaprashanth,  June 9, 2007 at 7:40 AM  

Hi Ramya!
Sarkarai pongal looks good! I'm remembering pongal festival when I saw this...

Cynthia,  June 9, 2007 at 4:57 PM  

I would love to have some in a little bowl with a spoon, all curled up in a chair. After taking each spoonful, I would be licking the back of the spoon. Beautfil dessert.

USHA,  June 11, 2007 at 7:08 AM  

Hi Ramya,,

Your anniversary dessert looks gr8 dear...I think anna would have enjoyed the recipe...

Hey presentation is good with almonds:)))

I always like your short&sweet recipes..

Shobana senthilkumar,  June 11, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

Hi usha,
thank u...
cynthia,
sure dear...
u can lick it directly form the photo...:)))
usha,
yeah he liked it...
thank u dear..

Viji,  June 23, 2007 at 4:56 AM  

Its a wonderful recipe and all time favorite of everyone. Nice photo. Viji

Post a Comment