Chick peas kuzhambu
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Ingredients
1.Chick peas -1 cup
2.Onion-1
3.Tomato-1
4.Ginger/garlic paste-2 tsp
4.Coconut paste-3 tsp
5.Chilli powder-2 tsp
6.coriander powder-1 tsp
7.curry leaves
Method
In a kadai add oil and when hot season it with fennel seeds and add onions.Now add tomato and saute it for some time .When raw smell goes add ginger/garlic paste.To this gravy add boiled chick peas and add little water so that it mixe well with the gravy.While boiling add chilli powder ,coriander powder and salt.Finally add coconut paste nd keep it in low flame for 10 mins.
This goes well with rice and with idli.


13 comments:
I love this recipe. Any chick Pea dish s always welcome, nutritios and tasty! Thanks P!:))
Happy dasara.
I love chick peas in any form, and this dish looks delicious!
This is so different and easy and looks terrific. Have bookmarked it :) Thanks.
Yum love the chickpea dish. My husband has been telling me to try a another chickpea dish than my usual one. I am going to try this one nex time. Is the coconut paste the one we get in blocks or can i use coconutmilk instead of it.
Hi Ramya,
Wow!kuzhambhu looks tempting...yep!as you said it goes well with idly ad rice....its moreover healthy too.Thanks for sharing.
yum yum Priar. I absolutely love this dish. Somehow, I like this more than channa masala. Looks great. Love it.
mmm yummy! looks so good...sort of like chole but not quite...
wow..was not aware of chick peas kuzhambu :)
Hi Sena, long time no seen hon, how are you?
Ummmm, I want my kuzhambu with rice, please :)
Hi ashaji,
Thank u so much for ur sweet comments:)
Hi cinnamon,
I am so glad u liked it..
Hi lavanya,
Pls do try and give ur feedback
Happy cook,
am so glad u like it.Coconut paste is wat u get while grinding it with block of coconut.
i like chick pea in any form
Sena,do u use garam masala? then it will add taste to this curry.I too make in a similar way and like with puttu and chappathi..
Post a Comment