Mutton kuzhambu
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Hi friends,
Hope everyone is doing good.It has been a delay in posting the recipes.I couldn't get time these days,my Lo'is too mischievous :)`.She comes drags my laptop all the time,so not able to sit in front of it.I like to share the authentic recipe of mutton kuzhambu.
Ingredients
1.Mutton-1 lb
2.Pearl onions-a handful
3.Ginger/garlic paste-2 tbs
4.Coriander powder-3 tbs
5.Chilli powder-2 tbs
6.Coconut paste-3 tbs
7.Fennel seeds-1 tbs
8.Anise-1
9.Bay leaf-1
10.Turmeric powder-a pinch
11.Tomato-1
Method
Wash mutton cleanly and marinate it with turmeric powder for 10 min.With this mutton add salt and pressure cook it for 7 whistle.Now in kadai add oil,when hot add fennel seeds,bay leaf,anise.When it splutters add onions fry for a while,the add tomato.Now add this gravy to the cooked mutton.Then add all the dry spices.Finally add coconut paste.Let it boil for 5 min.This can be served with white rice and idly:)


4 comments:
It's pretty to manage anything when you have young kids hanging around, I understand! :))
Mutton Kozhambu looks delicious, must try with lamb or chicken, mutton is not available for me here.
Hi ashaji,
its so nice of u to give me encouraging comments...thanks dear:)
I agree it is difficult to have time with little ones around. Kuzhambu looks good. Do you get fresh mutton in your place?
Mutton soup looks really good.
Post a Comment