Sweet poli
Monday, February 16, 2009
This is one of favourite sweet and famous sweet in south india.I tried many times but something or the other goes wrong..but this time it turned out perfect.I got some tips from blog friend Viji(vcuisine).
Ingredients
For the pooran:
1.Channa dhal-1 cup
2.Sugar-1 1/4 cup
3.Cardoman-1/2 tsp
For the dough:
1.All purpose flour-1 cup
2.Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
3.Salt-a pinch
4.Oil-3 tsp
Method
First make a dough out of all purpose flour ,salt ,tumeric powder and oil.Knead the dough well with water.Cover it with wet cloth and keep it aside for 3 hrs.In the mean time soak dhal for 1 hr.In a pressure cooker coook it for 3 whistle.Without adding water grind dhal to a fine paste in a blender.Now in a kadai add this dhal paste and sugar .Stir untill it becomes thick.Now add elachi powder.Let it cool for a while.Make this pooran into lemon size balls.Take little of the maida roll a bit and keep this pooran in the middle and cover.Now roll same like chappathi.In the dosa pan put this poli and cook till its well cooked.Yummy poli's are ready to serve:)


14 comments:
YUM! I haven't made this in a long time, got to make some! :))
looks yummy n perfect
I love this,I make pooran with a bit of coconut mixed with this channa dal....Looks great!
i have been meaning to make puran poli for a while now.. have to get down to it :)
Hi ashaji,
oh really...try it soon
Thanks for stopping by....vibaas
Hi Raji,
Havent tried with cocnut...will try once
Poli looks nice...been a while since i made it...Will do it...Nice blog and presentation.
I wish I could taste this. I don't want to try making it myself, I want someone else to make it for me :)
You have a lovely blog here Priar. Your daughter is adorable. How old is she? My son is 16months now. TC.
Looks awesome & delicious.. nice entry.. i love this...
i never had these b4 but read recipes many time..looks good to dive in:)
Looks delicious and perfect !
Thanks for visiting my blog . Poli Looks very yummy !!!
Great recipe, i bookmarked it
Post a Comment