»

Coconut rice

 Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whenever i feel lazy to cook ,the first thing goes to my mind is coconut rice.This is one of the simple but tasty one.I ususally make some hot side dish for this rice.Here comes the recipe:)



Ingredients

1.Cooked basmati rice-1 cup
2.Shredded coconut-1/2 cup
3.Channa dhal-1 tsb
4.Urad dhal-1 tsb
5.Mustard -1/2 tsb
6.Green chilli-few
7.Curry leaves-few
8.Salt

Method:

Cook rice seperately and set aside.Now in a kadai add oil,when hot add mustard urad dhal,channa dhal,curry leaves and green chilli.Once they splutters add shredded coconut and saute for while.Now add salt and finally mix rice .Rice is ready to serve.

19 comments:

Cham,  February 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

For me is lemon rice, we all love the tangy taste. Good one!

Sanghi,  February 18, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Coconut rice looks so appealing dear!

sathya,  February 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Looks delicious Shobana !

Priya Suresh,  February 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

My all time favourite, looks delicious..

Anonymous,  February 19, 2010 at 1:26 AM  

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

kitchen queen,  February 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM  

A very delicious and simple and tasty rice.

FH,  February 19, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

YUM! Coconut milk makes everything taste so delicious, looks great.

Raks,  February 19, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

I too make same way except I soak a larger amount of urad dal and fry and then add to the rice :) I too love the simplicity of the rice and yet flavorful one!

Gita Jaishankar,  February 19, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

I too love this rice Shobana...I make this often with lemon rice...nice picture :)

priya,  February 19, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

hi dear,

looks so yummmy n i just love this rice!

Saraswathy Balakrishnan,  February 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

So comforting and homely my dear..simply mouth-watering:)

shahana,  February 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Coconut rice looks really tempting yaar!!!

Priya dharshini,  February 24, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

looks yummy ramya...good recipe

Anonymous,  February 24, 2010 at 9:15 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ramya Vijaykumar,  February 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Very comforting and looks very tasty too!!

http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com

Post a Comment